Monday, July 30, 2012

AMY AMY AMY

I didn't get a chance to write about Amy's wedding so now that things are simmering down, I think I will take a moment and say a few things.

It was a beautiful day for the wedding and especially the reception.  We were worried that we might have rain but it was a perfect night.  Amy and Laura made most of the food and Amy chose to also have snowcones which were a big hit.  The colors were bright and fun and the Jensen's yard was perfect.  We had a good turnout of people although I have had many since tell me they were sorry they had to miss the event due to being somewhere else etc.  Well, we were glad for who could celebrate with us.

The temple ceremony in the big room off of the Celestial room, couldn't have been more perfect.  A son of Bruce R. McConkie sealed Amy and Dad.  He told them of some wonderful promises and spoke of the covenants they were making as man and wife.  Both Dan's family and our family filled the room.

All of our children and almost all of their spouses were there in the temple.  It was a sacred moment for me as their mother to witness their devotion to the gospel and commitment to covenants they have each made.  What a blessing that was for both Jim and I.  It was a tender mercy!

I am proud of Amy and the worthy life she has led to qualify her for a temple marriage.  She has always tried to live the gospel and has made a great effort to keep the commandments, to dress modestly, to attend and serve in the church.  I am especially pleased with her as a married woman.  We went to her house in Springville on Saturday and I think she has done such a great job decorating her little basement apartment.  Everything was so neat and orderly and her decorations were darling.  On Sunday we went back and had dinner with her and Dan as well as Laura and Nigel, Shey and Donnie.  We had one of our favorites, Shoyu Chicken and rice and she did a great job having everything ready and waiting for us.  There is a special, sweet spirit in her home.

I couldn't be happier for her.  I know that she is starting our her married life in a great way.  I am so glad that she and Dan are so happy and that they are both committed to their temple marriage!

No comments:

Post a Comment