Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Learning from your kids

So many things have happened in my life that I didn't really expect.  One I am recognizing tonight is that I have learned so much from my kids.  When I read John's blog, I always learn something.  He is an amazing individual.  I am so glad that he shares his thought and experiences on his blog.  This last year has been such a treat to have him and the kids here in Cedar.  I love seeing them so often and I love hearing about their experiences.

I also learn so much from the other kids.  How they face their trials... each one certainly has them.  I marvel when Sara tells me how she advises not only her own children but John's also... (and I guess Jim's sometimes).  She has such wisdom and I learn a lot from the things she tells me.

I am grateful for this blog experience.   I learned today that Mike and Liana have a blog and I can't wait to read it.  I know Laura shares a lot on her blog and I enjoy reading that too.  I don't know if anyone ever reads my blog but they are welcomed to.  I appreciate being able to review things going on in my life whether or not they are read by others. 

I know for awhile I was writing some comments about things I had learned each day or things I was grateful for.  I stopped doing that and just now remembered it.  On Sunday one of the girls talked about recognizing God's hand in your life in three different ways and listing those every day.  Maybe I'll try that approach ...
1.  enjoying my new house and I know Heavenly Father helped us to get it
2.  met some great ladies who came into the shop today and actually bought things... this little shop has been such a fun experience and I recognize God's hand in helping us to put it together... it brings me out of my self when I have to talk to new people and I actually think I am pretty good at it
3.  there is a little sister that comes into the shop often and just looks around.  I thought she was a little crazy at first and the more I get to know her, the more I appreciate the spirit she brings with her.  She came in today and we had a sweet little chat.

No comments:

Post a Comment