Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Yeah... I'm in!

Over the last number of days I have been trying to post and haven't been able too.  My limited computer abilities were not at work but I just got in!  I am so excited.  I doubt that I have anything to say but at least I have the ability to say it.
Well I guess I could say how exhausted I am.  We are now a full week late in opening the store and we are not ready yet... but we are getting there!  The plumber didn't show up today.  He was the one who showed up last time when the first one didn't show up.  Now since he didn't show up Jim called Bruce Thompson and guess what... he didn't show up either.  Maybe tomorrow.  That is how it goes with services in Southern Utah - they suck.
For the most part the new LBH is coming along.  We only have about 3 or 4 big pieces of furniture to move over now.  I should get most of my stuff done tomorrow.  Only one disappointment with our renters so far.  This one lady rented a room but really only needed a wall and so her stuff is spread out all over and looks lousy.  Dave and John are very irritated.  Jim wants me to tell her that we need to get her stuff off the floor - which we do. 
I don't seem to have half the space I want.  I took over one room that was for renting and I have filled it up.  Most of the stuff in that room however is junk but I am going to work at replacing it with fun stuff.  Several of our renters have not shown up to put up their stuff.  We were going to open tomorrow but with that being the case and the fact that we are still behind, I don't feel too badly that we might have held them up. 
So much for jabbering on about the shop.  I am pleased with the way things are looking and think I'll even be more excited when we get things moved around a little more tomorrow! 
I did get a double bed today!  Elmalynn Prince brought in a bedroomset that was her father's.  The bed wouldn't go together... it needs some bolts and so then we couldn't set it all up and we have this mattress.  I decided I could bring the mattress home and just pay for it.  John took the twin mattress for Natty's trundle.  So it all worked out good.  I also brought home my wicker couch for the front porch and it looks awesome.  I also got the rug from the entry room to put in my entry because it matches my livingroom rug... Life in the consignment business can have it's rewards!

No comments:

Post a Comment