Saturday, June 18, 2011

Dinner and a movie

Every week Jim and I go to dinner and a movie - sometimes we do it a couple of times.  The last two weeks we have gone with John and Dani and Dave.  Last week to celebrate having our first day open in the new building and this week to just go mostly to see Super 8.  It was a well done movie and we had some good scares as well as some laughs.  We usually eat at Wingers because they do the dinner and a movie deal.  This Monday Jim is going to talk to Westgates theaters and see if our Little Brick House can do "dinner and a movie".  It would be a good deal for us I think.  We are looking forward to opening the restaurant soon.  We are now working on the plumbing and after blowing a fuse with the icemaker being a little heavy on the power we got that fixed up.  I guess I say "we" but should really say "the guys."  Dad does the Home Depot runs and John and Dave work at the physical stuff.  They are a great team. 
Today was a good day because I had one lady come in to buy fudge (specifically) and one many come in to buy a basket for his wife's birthday.  Like they came in to the store for a purpose that only we could fill and that is awesome!  Sara's booth also did well today and sold a cape, a tutu, a couple of swords, and a want and head ribbon thing!  I think her little booth will do well.
Hoping that things pick up.  I sent out another email with a 20% sale coupon.  That will run this week and I hope some folks come in for that.  I am ready for the new part of this to start working.  The shop is cute but we need some energy! 
I am proud of myself also this summer because I have kept up with my Book of Mormon reading schedule. I think by tomorrow I will be through 2nd Nephi - awesome.  Reading the scriptures helps me so much each day to feel a peace and calm I don' otherwise feel. 
Tomorrow is Father's day... I am so uncreative but I did get a book for Jim and a couple of shirts.  Hope he likes them okay.  He'll probably hate me for inviting all the family over - oh well,   We enjoyed a fun meal last night in St. George at the Texas Roadhouse thanks to Laura and her sweet card and gift card.  It was fun to run down there and hit Costco and DI.  I let Jim pick up the $120 or so tab for Costco and I put the $15 bill on my debit card... 

No comments:

Post a Comment