Thursday, June 9, 2011

SNEAK PEEK

I had an idea to have a SNEAK PEAK for the Little Brick House on Saturday.  Our usual soup/bread fare with fudge and cookies.  Waters but perhaps they can be cold since we do have a huge fridge and freezer.  Hope some people come in.  It could be fun.  I am please with the results and thinking that it is a big help to have our consignors and our vendors.  I hope they will invite people to come in as well. 
We got home tonight by 8 pm and that was so nice.  We are hoping to get done in time tomorrow night to go to a movie.  We have been working so many long hours it gets hard on the body but good results are coming from it.  We bought (leased) signs today for the top of the building.  It will cost quite a bit but should be worth it if people can see our shop and come in. 
I am thinking how focused on the shop I am right now with little time for other interests.  I have started a summer reading of the Book of Mormon program and right now I am up to date - already in 2nd Nephi and just been reading for a week.  We will actually finish by mid  August.  I will pick up then on and finish where I was when the challenge started... finishing The Book of Mormon twice this summer... cool.
I am trying to also read Dorian Gray which I read in High School I think.  It is by Oscar Wilde so written in the late 1900s and a bit odd.  I loved it the first time I read it... this time not so much.  Perhaps I'll get more into it as I get deeper into the story.  Having recently read the Importance of Being Ernest... I do see similarities in the writing but where the play is quite comical, the book is not...
Well bed is sounding good about now.  It's 10:15 and I'm aching all over.  One last thing I want to say however... I have noticed already that people are seeing things in the shop they didn't see before.  I have had two people comment on the big table I bought from Diane Delport and no one ever saw it in the other shop. Funny.  I think this may be a very good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment