Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Life beyond xmen

Tonight Jim and I went to see Xmen... Not the best show I have seen but entertaining enough.  I have had the thought however that I am so glad there is more to my life than gong to movies or following movie stars or keeping up with fads.  I came home and read my scriptures tonight.  I am reading Mosiah right now and the story of Abinadi.  So grateful that Alma listened to Abinadi... that he didn't follow the crawd and that he was willing to run and then to teach.  Truly an example of courage and faith.  A far greater hero than any of the Xmen could ever be. 
I doubt that I could ever truly express my deepest gratitude for the Book of Mormon... for the fact that I was raised in the church and taught the principles of the Gospel.  What a good life I have had because I have a testimony.  Not to say that I always live righteously "enough".  I find that I often fall short or that I am just lazy but my intentions are generally good and I do love my Heavenly Father.  I love the prophets who have all been such great examples to me in my growing up years... from President McKay to President Monson.  Each has been such a great light in my life.
So I guess I go back to "who are the real heroes"  Just men who live by the rules... who listen to the Lord.  Who have faith and courage.  So grateful for the examples they have all been to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment