Wednesday, July 6, 2011

We are making it!

I think we are making it at the LBH.  Today was our second day of cooking food and even had repeat customers (the Sowards - but none the less).  I feel that Amy and John want to kick me out of the kitchen and I think that is actually okay with me.  I get too intense and as I mentioned on John's blog I hate food safety!  I can't stand having to put on and take off gloves 25 times a day...  I figure if I can wash my hands that should be enough - now John tells me that I have to sing the ABC's all the way through while I wash my hands - pitiful.  On top of that - then I have to put gloves on! 

We have some cute girls working for us and I think they like that kitchen work so I am glad to turn it over to them.  I don't mind cleaning up the garbage and wiping down tables but I think Amy, David and John are doing great on their own. 

We had a great weekend and I just realized I haven't written anything about it.  It started out with a bang when Jim crashed on the mountain bike and ended up with two broken bones in his left and and a broken humorous bone in his shoulder.  He was badly skinned up and unable to even feed himself for the whole weekend but what a great sport -though in pain he didn't keep us from celebrating both on Sunday with a family dinner and on Monday with a BBQ at Jay and Sara's house.  John mentioned that he had a good time playing with the cousins and I think he did!  Having uncles and aunts and gmas and gpas is fun!  I remember wonderful Christmas eves with my Aunts and Uncles  and other occasions when we all got together.  I am glad that Jim and Clorinda and kids come up as often as they can and also Laura and Nigel and Mike and Liana.  Of course we haven't seen John and his kids too often until this year but now he is here for some good times.   Only wish that Pete and Tara could be here more often. 

Well, I have taken my sleeping pill and so about to fall asleep.  I think I get tomorrow "day"off and Dani is going to work.  I have to work tomorrow night but looking forward to a few hours of just doing what I want - hope I get to.  I know I have books to do and a few other things but I am hoping to work in the yard a bit and maybe go to the library.  I am missing the river that we spent so much time at last year (meaning Natty, Jack and Andy and me)  haven't even been over to see how it looks - don't know if the Jay Fontanos have been over either... maybe if it doesn't rain we could take a trip to the park.  Would be fun.

So that is it... looking forward to a good sleep tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment