Tuesday, July 19, 2011

LBH Ideas

We had a meeting last week and came up with some ideas for the LBH Cafe etc.  We have had some great suggestions from others as well.  We are selling bread and I think that will develop into a good thing.  Also Judy told us about a lady who might bake pies at our place... that would be awesome.
David came up with an idea to do a Farmer's Market in our driveway and we have been doing some research on that... we think we'll do it on Friday nights from 5-8 when it is cool and still light out.  We hope that will make people aware of the place.  We think we might also have some fun stuff like face painting and balloons for kids etc.  Maybe we can sell our bread and other goodies too.  Maybe Jim and group can sing and we'll get some other singers too. 
John took around some free samples today and we got an order from Dr. Gunn's office.  Dani also ordered some goodies and I think it was successful there too.  Tomorrow more free samples. 
I plan to work on John's house tomorrow and get the linen closet in etc.  The kids will be home in two weeks.  The time has gone fast - at least for me.  I miss them but it has been a blessing to have them gone so that their dad could devote so much time to the shop.
I had to let Katelyn go yesterday and I felt so bad.  I have actually felt bad for the whole weekend as I anticipated having to tell her that we were just to slow to keep her on.  She was good about it but I felt terrible none the less. 
We did have two great prospects come in today - one a guy who does antiques through Ebay and he was very knowledgeable.  I think he would be a great asset and he will teach us alot.  He also said that he would let us list things on his account and then just take a percentage.  That would be great because he already has the connections! 
Another lady, Susan, has had 4 craft type stores and she wants to take a space.  It sounds like she will do some fun stuff also.  It give me hope.  If I wake up at night, I can lay there for hours wondering how this is all going to come together and getting sick to my stomach.  Then someone like Susan or this fellow Wes come in and rave about the place and say we are going to do great... I hope that is true - at least like I say it gives me hope. 
I have to say that I do think our place has charm.  The food is going well and people seem to like it.  We are excited about the pies!   We think also we'll start making our own cookies - they can only be better than the ones we are buying from Nicholas. 
So things are good I guess.  Just so we can juggle enough to make things work. 

1 comment:

  1. Ideas: I still think that my diet-soda central is a good idea, but you are looking for ideas without construction, eh? Who is your target market at the store - women, right? I say you should offer all of your sandwich options in a salad. Become the salad the place - which is where the diet soda central would come in handy - and draw in all those salad folk. You can ultimately get a sandwich anywhere, but a good salad could be the key (Subway just uses that darn shredded lettuce found on their subs). Think of how many ladies are getting salads at Cafe Rio and the like. If you apply the Carl's Jr. method of giving them a number, then you can stall slightly if needed to allow them to look around enough to see that they want to look around after they eat. The fresh bread thing is right on with the lady appeal. Another good idea might include a competition to allow people to come up with a sandwich, then name it after the winner of said competition. I think you might watch the food network and see what it is that brings people into those reality shows. From what I see it tends to be really good food with a friendly atmosphere. That's all I got so far, perhaps I will need to stop by and get a in depth look.

    ReplyDelete