Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Fudge, fudge, fudge

We are selling so much fudge at the LBH that we have to make some now every night.  It is okay, it is good but I am tired by the time I get home and thinking of making more fudge isn't fun.  We actually are waiting for our gas burners to get here and when they do then we'll make the fudge at the shop - or someone else will. 
We had our first real lunch rush today with people lined up to the door to get sandwiches.  It was Five Frenzy Wednesday which means that every sandwich is $5 with the purchase of a drink.  It is a good deal... I can't finish most of the sandwiches by myself and so I know people are getting their moneys worth.  We had every seat taken at one point - awesome!  I hope it continues - I think it will.  Everyone seems to like the sandwiches so that is a good sign.
I was at the shop all day until 9 pm - same as yesterday.  My knee is killing me, I think I twisted it and now it is hurting to walk and go up and down stairs.  I did this to it a few years ago when the gals from Carson were here and we hiked up to the third pool in Zions.  I had problems with that knee for a couple of months after.  I will try to stay off of it for a few days or wear a brace if I can find it... it is hard getting old - things happen for no good reason!
I think we have almost rented out all of our spaces.  Connie Sowards has a space where she is selling leggings and  without even being totally up, I sold two of her packages today.  Cool.  I have had to move all of my stuff out of the back room because someone is moving in there next week.  It is actually kind of a good thing to have people moving in with their stuff so that I don't have to keep buying and decorating.  I miss that part of it however but if I can make the money I need to for the rent and so forth from vendors it will take some of the anxiety of making enough money out of it.
Today the Mayor Burgess' wife came in and ordered 3 baskets for a ting the city is doing.  She wants each basket to value at $100.  That is great - I talked her into putting a $50 gift certificate in each basket which will mean that they can use the gift certificate for food in the restaurant or for items and then I can put the rest of the baskets together with goodies.  It will be a fun project.  I haven't been putting as many baskets together lately so this will be great!
Well I am feeling much better about things this week than last.  We might even make payroll and also pay the vendors and consignors!  Now we just have to work at getting me, John and Jim paid!

No comments:

Post a Comment