Monday, July 11, 2011

61 and still counting

Well I turned 61 on Saturday.  We had been to Susan and Richard's the night before for a delicious steak dinner and creme brulee' for dessert.  I love how Susan always makes such great desserts - she experiments on us!  She is a wonderful cook and everything is always so delicious at her house.  We played some hearts and I know Susan lost - I don't know where I fell in the numbers or even who won... probably Richard.  He wiped us all out once.  Susan tried to once but I think lost by only a few cards.
Saturday I opened up the cafe for Amy since she was in SLC and then Dani and Dave came in and worked for me so I could have the day off.  It was so nice of them.  We went to dinner at Costa Vida and did dinner and a movie so we went to see 17 Miracles.  It was about the Willie Handcart company and told about documented miracles that happened to various people on the trek.  I really enjoyed it and was humbled by it.
Sunday I went to Sacrament at the YSA stake and enjoyed visiting with several people including Terry Worthen who is such a great guy.  Dave is very lucky to be in their family.  They are good people and we always enjoy some good laughs with them.
I did my stint in the nursery.  I feel so bad for some of those little guys who cry and cry.  One little boy, Ethan, has cried everytime I have been there for most of the time.  He loves to chase the bubbles at the end of the time but that is about all he likes except he will sit and have some treats pretty good.  One little boy came in screaming at the top of his lungs (last week he cried like that the entire time except for about a 20 minute nap.)  This week though, he actually stopped crying a played with the other children after the first few minutes... that was a miracle! My friend Susan Greenburg suggested that I might not like the calling but she thought I would love the little children and she is absolutely right.  I already have a soft spot in my heart for Ethan, Lydia, Sloan, Kate and Cooper.  Lydia, Sloan and I played barrel of Monkeys for the entire first hour...it was crazy.
After nursery, I came home and read some of my Book of Mormon.  I am keeping up pretty well with me ward reading assignment for the summer.  Tonight I am right on track with Alma 28 - actually I am one chapter ahead... good for me!
We went to Jay and Sara's for Hawaiian which was delicious and we also had home-made ice cream and chocolate cake from Costco.  Jim got me a new blow dryer and a lovely piece of pottery from Leapin' Lizards... Amy got me a bracelet that has some kind of Anion thing in it and is supposed to cure all the things that ail you... I hope it works.  Pete and the kids called w/ a recording for my birthday and it sounded so cute.  I talked to Jim and Mike and enjoyed both conversations so much. 
So all in all a good birthday weekend.
Spent today getting John's kitchen organized and then tonight we helped him clean the other house.  I know so well the feeling of wanting to get in to the new place but having all those little things you have to do at the old place.  Amy and Jim were both great to come help too... Amy did the downstairs mopping and cleaned the refrigerator... Jim vacuumed the entire house in perfect little back and forth motions!  John has to go back tomorrow and clean the carpets as well as mow the lawn.  The house looks really clean... I hope they give him his deposit back.
So that is about all for now.  It is almost 11 and I am not feeling too tired (it must be my bracelet!)  We are planning to go to St. George and to the temple tomorrow.  I am so looking forward to it!  Haven't been in several months and I really feel the need.

1 comment:

  1. You need to differentiate between Jim and Jim. I don't know if you talked to Dad on the phone and Jim the younger vacuumed or if it's the other way around. Actually I do know, but perhaps for the uncertain blogger reader you might say Jim for Jim and James for the other Jim or Bob or ol' 2 fingers or something of that sort. Just a thought....

    ReplyDelete