Tuesday, July 26, 2011

BLT

Oh my gosh - I have a new sandwich love.  Actually I have loved BLT's for years but the one we are making at the LBH with peppered bacon on focaccia bread is out of this world.  Soooo good.  Also today, John made me a BuffaloChicken Philly and that was darn good as well... that is DARN good - Laura sent me an email with the word darn that looked like dam and I had to question her about it.  Although I realize that dam that is swearing has an n on the end.  She said she wrote DARN and I believe her.
Doing well on my scripture reading - tonight I read Helaman 7-9.  I always enjoy reading those chapters because once in Carson I spoke with two other ladies on those chapters and because of that I know them pretty well. The scriptures are so soothing to me.  I am having a lot of hectic days right now, both at the shop and at home trying to catch up with all of the things I am not getting done.  When I sit down to read the scriptures it brings some peace to my life.  I know it is the spirit because some times while reading my mind will wander and I know that I haven't really "read" the words but I have felt the spirit none the less.
Moving things out of the back room to make space for renters.  With these two renters from the last two days and a couple more we will be full up.  I am sad to take everything out of my back room - it was fun to do and now I have had to do some crowding in the front room.  I am hoping I can figure things out so I don't start looking way junky.
So heading for bed.  I am tired - was at  the LBH for 11 hours straight today but it is always fun to be there with family.  I am happy to stay in the shop and let everyone else do their thing in the kitchen.  All of my kids are great cooks... I am proud of them.  I think they have inherited their dad's love for cooking and his abilities too.  It is too bad with all these great cooks, I am the one that has done most of the cooking over the years.  Have to say I made a great and delicious meatloaf on Sunday - it really was yummy.  I think I can make a good meatloaf and good fudge and if I can think about it for a while, I might come up with another couple of good foods I do...  well maybe not!

No comments:

Post a Comment