Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanks for writing

I have to say that I enjoy reading all the things my family members write.  I love to hear about the kid's activities. Right now I am reading John's b log and it is amazing.  He must plan out a theme every night.  He not only tells a story but he teaches a lesson.  Much like Dad's journals of the TI days.  I appreciate your sharing your personal thoughts with us John.  I also get such a kick out of Amy... hilarious comments.  I doubt there is any family with so many talented writers - you are all so clever and I enjoy reading about you every time I can.

I am feeling sick today.  Dad is giving me a hard time because I am taking silver, apple cider vinegar, spray stuff and I am still feeling sick.  Head cold that makes you itch in your throat and in your ears.  My nose runs etc. etc.  Sure you don't want to know about this and I can't think of how I can tie it into anything spiritual or life changing.  Except that perhaps I am grateful that I only get sick once in a while and I know that one of the tender mercies of being sick is that you don't want to eat and since I have been sick twice this week... I have lost some pounds... yeah!

I made four wreaths today and one Christmas floral... I think I also put together several baskets.  It is fun to do this creativity.  Yesterday was our day off but we still made $249 because the guy came in to finish paying for his radio and a lady came in a bought a second bird cage!  Tomorrow is the order for the 15 baskets for my Relief Society which will help.  I also had a lady order a basket that she doesn't want too many sweets in.  I decided to do soup and bread sticks and then some cookies and fudge.  It was cool to hear what she wanted and then develop something.  I hope she likes my idea!

Many thanks to Laura for making all 15 baskets for me.  Especially since I haven't been feeling good, it was great to walk into the shop and see them all done!  Life is full of tender mercies brought about by kind and thoughtful actions of others.  It is all the better when we are focused on seeing what others do for us and then pay it forward to help others as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment