Monday, September 12, 2011

Testimony and Temple

Last week we were able to go to the temple.  We haven't been to the temple since last March.  I kept thinking we would get there but our time has been so filled up with the shop that to find a time together to go has been almost impossible.  So I was so excited when the time opened up and we could go down together and enjoy a session.  I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed it!  I kept finding myself tearing up as I felt the spirit  I was an incredible high for me to just be at peace and feel my Heavenly Father's love.  I am so blessed to be a member of the church.  It amazes me that I could be so lucky and have the Gospel.
I remember back as a young girl, deciding between being a Mormon (Mom) and a Catholic (Dad).  I liked the idea of Catholic because in those days they wore a hat to church every Sunday and I was a hat girl in those days.  I would stand in front of my mother's antique dresser mirror and try on all of her hats frequently... I love to do it.  Even when I had already been baptized a Mormon.  So glad I made the right choice then because now I wonder if I would have listened to the Missionaries or made the decision to be baptized.  Glad the Lord let me choose while I wasn't quite so stubborn.
Anyway, the Temple was great and much needed right now.  I hope to go again soon with Susan who also hasn't been able to go because of caring for her bedridden mother these last months.  Since her mom passed away last week it will free her up somewhat.  She still has her dad to care for but she should be able to get out now and then.  I will enjoy my day with her, including lunch, Coldwater Creek and a pedicure!
So we are headed to Salt Lake today to pick up some things for the store.  I am hoping for a nice day and one to just relax a little bit.  Well Jim just said he is ready to go and I still haven't brushed my hair or teeth, so I will let this go and get on my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment