Thursday, December 30, 2010

Oh Crap...

Several times since she has been here I have heard Shey exclaim:  "Oh Crap!"  She just said it when she noticed that she had forgotten to take the oranges to share with her cousins earlier to day.  Laura says she takes responsibility for it... I remember one day when I was about seven, we were driving to a wedding celebration and my parents were talking about someone being late.  Without missing a beat I said:  "Here he comes like a bat out of _ _ _ _.  Never said that again but my mom had to admit that she knew where it had come from.

It is freezing today with snow on the ground.  Last night we went to Dave Pace's reception and got caught in a major snow storm on the way home.  We didn't have a white Christmas this year but we are having a very white "after Christmas" for sure.  The reception was nice... they even served shrimp with dipping sauce and it was delicious.  It was fun to see all the Paces and Talonie and her folks!  If we hadn't been so late we would have seen more New Harmony-ites but we had a nice visit with folks that were there.

It has been great to have had Mike around these extra days since Christmas.  My he has rotated my tires and changed my oil.  I guess he takes seriously the "taking care" of me.  We have had some fun playing games and he tells me tonight he is going to teach me Cribbage.

Laura and Nigel and the kids are fun to have as well.  Right now Shey is singing some tunes for me.  Christmas and otherwise... not sure if she is making them up or not.  She is also playing the harmonica.  I also have to laugh as she watches herself in the window while she is talking or singing...

Donovan is a sweet baby.  He is sure a mover... watching everything and trying not to miss a thing.  He is also smiling now and although he isn't real generous with his smiles, he is darling when he does share them.  I can tell he is also trying to talk and expect that he'll soon be laughing as well.

One of the fun things is that when the other kids are here to visit, more of the family comes over.  We have had some fun games and talk sessions.  Right now we are headed to John's to take care of the kids while he has a date with Heidi.  Hope they have a good time.  I think he is hoping so too.

No comments:

Post a Comment