Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!

We went over to John's today to help out after he injured his shoulder.  We decided to make Nachos and play a few games with him and the kids.  Amy invited Danae and Dillon over so we had more of a party than we expected.  Dad and I left around 10:30 because neither one of us were feeling too well.  Laura and Nigel turned up about 11:15 and I wondered why so early until Laura explained that they decided to do an early countdown and celebrate on Alabama time.  Why didn't I ever think of that years ago.  I wouldn't have felt so guilty going to bed early and missing the ushering in of the New Year.  Tonight I am still up and so perhaps I will witness 2011... Nigel likes to watch the time square entertainment... so perhaps we can all jump around together or something.

Tomorrow will be Grandma's casserole which will be well worth waking up for.  I hope to set some New Years Resolutions and be more diligent in achieving them.  I know we have  already decided on an early morning scripture and prayer.  We also want to be sure and pay our tithing every month without fail rather than trying to catch up at the end of the year.

This year will be a good one - I can just feel it.  We are starting a new decade and we are hoping to make it one full of new experiences and opportunities.  I truly am excited about the chance to run the LBH and make it grow.  It is a pleasure every day to be in that little shop.  I appreciate everyone's willingness to share ideas and help to make things work.

It has been a fun Holiday Season this year with most of the kids here at one time or the other.  What a blessing they each are in our lives.  As they grow and mature in their own lives they set such an example to me.  It is also wonderful to see them with their own families, to witness their testimonies and feel their devotion to the Lord.  I am so grateful as I reflect on past years and coming years that I have the true gospel in my life.  I am indeed blessed both with a husband who is my best friend and a family who I adore.

No comments:

Post a Comment