Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011 day 2

Well, it is already day 2 of 2011 - amazing.  I have made three resolutions for the new year - about the same 3 I make every year.


  1. Tomorrow morning and every morning hence Jim and I will get up early enough to read scriptures (he is selecting either the D&C or the NT) and have family prayer.
  2. Tomorrow I will start a new diet - looks like a pretty easy one but I don't know how much I will lose because it doesn't promise anything.  The key to it is healthy eating and that is what I need as much as anything.
  3. I plan to write in my blog journal at least 4-5 times a week.  I would like to set the standard of every day and perhaps I can.  In the meantime I don't really want to set myself up to fail.  I find that I enjoy John's blog so much that I would like to try that too.
  4. One more... pay tithing on time every month.  I have had a hard time with this the last two years, mainly because against my better judgement I have been juggling money around and will think I'll get it paid the next month.  For several months I haven't had any extra... I know better than that and I think this year I'll stay with the program.  It is a struggle no matter how many years go by.
Had a great season with the kids here and tonight seems pretty quiet.  I will try to get all the Christmas down tomorrow.  I am working on some new ideas for the shop and hope I can pull some things together that will keep it interesting.  We got some antique pillars yesterday and hope to connect them for some candle stands or something.  Also got some Coke bottles including one from the 2002 Olympics.  I think that might make a fun display.  This is Snowman month at the shop... have some cute pictures hanging and looking for more icy delights.

No comments:

Post a Comment