Thursday, January 6, 2011

Get Crackin'

Just read John's post "Get Crackin'" all about pistachios.  It was so clever.  Also liked his post about his hair cut which I have personally witnessed and hope I don't see again.  He looked familiarly like he did when he was a baby and Grandma Vi would get a hold of him (and his brothers) and do her swoop thing in the middle of his head.  Even Jim had the swoop thing when he was a baby and I have a great picture with Amy's swoop.  Anyway, John can cut off his Mohawk anytime and Jack and I will be happy.

Went to the Doctor yesterday and found out that my blood sugar is out of hand.  Like Jim said 329 is halfway to comatose... perhaps it is only 239 (I have a dislexic memory these days).  Whether one or the other it has me feeling sick today.  I keep thinking of each pain as being caused by my blood sugar or my high blood pressure (which incidentally though high, was lower than usual when I haven't had pills or I am at the doctors - 141/87).  Any way, Dr. Holcomb, is going to fix me up.  He is a naturopath and so will use more natural means to get me in better shape.  I am hoping it all works... I hate being on Toprol, Lisinoprin, and Celexa ... and the more I read about them, the worse I feel.

So I got an I-V filled with great stuff and I watched Zorro while the IV pumped away.  The nurse brought me a delicious herbal tea and some toast.  I felt very well taken care of and the Doctor was incredibly nice and interested.  He took about 45 minutes to talk to me and work through some of my "problems."

Well I need to get to work.  I keep showing up late and Jim has to open the store.  I doubt that he appreciates it much, but I do like to get a little house cleaning done and things like this blog in the morning before I go to work and come back tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment