Monday, January 10, 2011

A Day Off

Today I had a day off.  I didn't sleep in, I didn't sit around and do nothing but I did enjoy myself.  I cleaned house this morning and I put up a few pictures.  I moved some decorations around.  I ate cocoa and sourdough toast and I listened to church hymns.  I read in my Country Living book and loved the opportunity to enjoy the pictures yet again.  I think it is my favorite book ever and I got it from the dollar store.  How it was at the dollar store, sitting right in front of my face, I will never know.  It is perfect for what I am doing at the shop right now and it is teaching me all kinds of things about collections and different kinds of antiques.

I was supposed to go to the doctor to have my blood pressure checked but I didn't look up at the clock until 15 to 12:00 noon and so  being that I was still in my pajamas and needed a shower, I didn't get there.  Jay and Sara met us for lunch at the Garden House (with Anna and Tommy) and we had soup and monte Cristo sandwiches (except for Jay who had a burger).  This was a particularly nice Christmas Present and we enjoyed it mucho.

After the lunch I went shopping.  Got some great 75% off items at the store by Bulloch drug.  Good Christmas items for next year.  Went to see what they had at the new antique mall by the old theater but it was not up and going yet.  Also went to Aunt B's antiques and got a few things.  I met the owner and her partner and it was very fun to talk to them.  Seems like we all know we'll never make any money at this but we all love doing it anyway.

So anyway, the day off has come and gone and it was great.  I still ended up at the store for an hour and that was fine.  I am grateful to have a chance to run this shop.  It is good fun and it keeps me busy.  It is interesting how it has all fallen in to place so nicely and I consider it a blessing.  Like something I have always wanted to do and the Lord made it all possible.

So thats it for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment