Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Season of the Witch

Tonight we went to see the movie "Season of the Witch".  Jim said it was my story... perhaps but I don't think I am as cute as she was.  Not my favorite movie;  full of darkness and wolves, demons, sword fighting, priests reciting latin etc.  Anyway, the popcorn was good and so that counts for something.

Trying to remember what was good about today.  Dave came over tonight and we visited for awhile.  It is fun to have him just stop in anytime and chat.  Amy and I went to Dr. Holcomb and she bought HCG meds for John.  I got my blood pressure taken and even with the cut in medication to less than half the dose I was taking plus the natural carditone I was at 133/67 which is amazing for me.  Yahoo!  Hoping that if he takes my blood sugar tomorrow it is much lower as well.

Not much more to say.  Sold the Secretary today and it hurt my heart a little bit.  The Secretary was about the first large piece of antique furniture we bought about 5 years ago.  I remember that my sister-in-law had one and I loved it and always wanted one.  Now it has passed on to new hands.  Actually Diane Delport who bought my favorite antique coffee table bout it - so I guess if I want to see my favorite pieces I can go to her house for a visit!  In trade, she brought in some Park Design dish towels that I loved for consignment so I  bought them for myself.  Good deal.

I think I set a goal to say 3 good things about each day:
1.  Love my book from Country Living
2.  Love my new picture book for 2010 from Pete's kids
3.  Love the new friends that I make at the LBH
4.  Grateful that the Lord watches out for me... when we paid our tithing in December I just knew that Heavenly Father would help us with our business if we continued by paying on time each month... two things today that have been tender mercies and I consider tithing related are that we sold the Secretary and also that we found about 3 new clients at JMA who need to pay this month - and more for next month - Yea!

No comments:

Post a Comment