Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Off to a good start...

Jim and I are getting up and reading our scriptures for two days in a row.  It is a good start.  I am glad for it.  I feel like we are starting the day off right and I have a good attitude about the day.  That reminds me of how Amy told her dad tonight he has a baditude.  I can't say that I am in favor of having a "baditude" but at the same time I like the word.

I made several baskets today and cut quite a bit of fudge.  We didn't make much money but I did have two people come in who knew just what they wanted and came looking for it... cool enough.  Laurie Zwang is getting married in March and she came in and bought Grandma Vi's marble rolling pin.  She makes fondant for cake decorating and said it was going to be perfect.  I am glad it went to someone we knew.  I personally would never use it is all good.

Just took down all the Christmas and things look pretty bare.  I am not sure where a couple of boxes are with my house decorations... I'll have to check the shed.  It is funny to me how much we think we need things and then after a couple of weeks I can't even remember what I had where.  I put all the blue ray DVD's on the shelf above the TV and then unpacked the Cow Parade and realized that is where they go.  I am thinking I might put the Cow Parade on the new shelf John made me for Christmas.  Could be fun.  Hope I remember that is what I intend to do by the time we get the shelf up.

A lady came in today and bought Laura's tile that said:  You are the joy in my journey.  Cool Laura!  She also bought three sets of signs that say "Smile, Dream, Imagine" and had me wrap them for her.  I thought it was a neat idea to put them all in a cellophane bag with a bow.  I might think of doing that with a few others...

I remember once writing down 5 things every day I was grateful for.  I think I might challenge myself right now with that for as long as I can - let's do 3 things:
1.  Grateful for family
2.  Grateful for pictures I have of the Savior
3.  Grateful for morning scripture study...

Well until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment