Saturday, January 15, 2011

61 and counting

In twenty minutes it will be January 16, 2011... Jim's 61st birthday.  We had a bit of a surprise dinner for him tonight at Milts and then came back and played some Phase 10 with Jay and Sara and Amy.  It was fun.  We haven't played games with them for a while - just us and them and we enjoyed ourselves.  A little less stressful than when the kids are all there.  So I think Jay and Sara were a bit relaxed too and enjoying the peace.

I gave Jim a coupon for $150 of his Ipad that I know he wants ... with small letters that said (when you can afford it).  I hope soon he will be able to afford it.

We sold the serpentine dresser today.  I think Jim felt about that the same way I feel about my old coffee table and baker's table ... not to mention the Secretary.  All of these have now sold and it is sad to let them go but I must say they have gone to good homes and I can think of them fondly.  I pout about that but at the same time I have had so much fun with this business that I have to say I think the trade is worth it.  I put together some things yesterday and today that just give me sheer pleasure.  I doubt that I could have done much else in my life besides being a mom and gramma that make me happier.  I have always loved the little creative things - the valentine cookies, the gifts bags for grandkids, the quilts - especially the little ones, the handouts for Relief Society or Young Womens - all of these things that just make me happy.  Now I get to do them everyday and I meet some many people that come in and just enjoy them too.  It makes it great.

Headed for bed right now.  Last night I dreamed about snakes and 30 people sleeping in a bed and running from some one.  It wore me out.  I hope I can sleep peacefully tonight.  Perhaps it isn't totally bad because all of that fear and running wears me out and I seem to sleep all night.  So there is some positive in all of this crazy dreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment