Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Home Teachers - yeah

Sunday morning we had our monthly Leadership meeting.  Amy actually was a apart of the presentation on Visiting Teaching.  They showed the movie about the Lambs that I so like and related it to Visiting Teaching.  Several of us mentioned that we didn't have visiting teachers and hadn't for some time.  A part of that has to do with our own callings in the YSA stake.  Even so, it is sad that anyone would not know that they have a visiting teacher that they could call.  In guess I was whining a bit about it and then this afternoon home teachers showed up at our door.  Brother Mosdell and Christensen were very nice and I look forward to visiting with them again.  I really do hope they will come monthly.  I have hope for them anyway and guess I could make an issue with the RS president - I don't even know who she is in the ward we are in right  now.  She knows I am here and perhaps out of my own rudeness I am wondering where the heck she is... last ward also - no one showed up including the presidents.  I am fine and haven't needed any help lately.  If I did, I am sure I could make an issue of contacting the RS President and asking for help but I wonder about how many other sisters haven't been visited in these wards... I know there are always sisters in need and people tend to think if your active, you are okay.  I know that isn't true -
I mentioned this at our meeting with the YSA Presidencies on Sunday.  Everyone needs VT'rs.  Hopefully I can make an effort to visit when I am called to do so again.
Today we went to see a home in Greenslake ward.  I loved it.  It has been for sale for 150 days and has been lowered in price almost $40k.  It is perfect for us as far as being on one level, easy yard, living and family room plus three bedrooms, shower in the master, indoor washer/dryer, large kitchen with lots of closets, very clean, shed, back yard with patio - front patio with place for my patio furniture... we are hoping the people might want to do a lease to purchase.  We'll see what goes... oh did I mention the whole house has bright green carpet (that is the one down side... a rather large one).  I already looked up chair covers and found out that I can get them in compatible colors so maybe we are better than I thought.  We'll see what goes.

3 things:
1.  last day of Celexa today - now the test, can I be nice on no meds?
2.  second day of no sweets or carbs - feeling good
3.  read both the NT and BofM this morning - great way to start the day

No comments:

Post a Comment