Saturday, January 8, 2011

39 and Counting!

Today is the 39th anniversary of my first baby's birth.  Wow, it seems like yesterday.  I still remember driving to Kaiser in the middle of the night.  We had been to the movies and had hot fudge sundaes the night before.  Went home and about midnight my water broke.  I don't remember what time we got to the hospital but I did have Jim early that morning like about 7am or so.  I remember the doctor trying to joke with me and saying "welcome to St. Rose Hospital" - I thought he was an idiot.  Actually any Obstetric doctor that would say something stupid to a woman in labor is an idiot!

So after some more labor and a quick delivery Jim entered my life.  I have been grateful for that ever since. I was so taken with him.  I remember just holding him and marveling at all of his beauty.  He looked like Mr. Magoo and I thought probably he would leave this world in 80 or so years from then looking like Mr. Magoo again.  Four days in the hospital... amazing.  I was in great shape and very rested by the time we left.  Had Macdonalds Big Mac for lunch in Jim's mom's kitchen.  It was a great time and I still remember so many parts of it even 39 years later.  What a joy and a blessing he has been to me and to his dad these many years.  What a great example he has been to his siblings.  What a great father, husband, leader and member of the church he is.  I thank my Heavenly Father for allowing me to be Jim's mother... it has been an honor and a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment