Thursday, January 27, 2011

I Want to Be Like You When I Grow UP

I just read John's post for tonight.  He mentioned that during scripture study Jack leaned over and whispered in his ear "John, I want to be like you when I grow up."

How sweet is that.  I had a lady come into my shop today and tell me how much she loved all the Jay Fontano grandkids but she also wanted me to know that her favorite of all is Jack.  I guess he came into Sara's house one day when Paula was there and put his hands on her face and hair and told her that he liked her hair (which was all curly I guess).  That is Jack alright.

So I wish I could be like Jack when I grow up.  He tells it like it is.  He also is sometimes so sweet and says the sweetest things.  He loves dogs and visits with anyone who has a dog.  He loves people and I have often seen him sit down with an adult and just visit away.

I wish I had those qualities of just telling people what I like about them, of touching them, of chatting with people I don't even know.  What a guy.

My three things for tonight are:
1.  I always take my showers in the morning but tonight I dyed my hair so I took my shower tonight (at midnight) and it felt so good.  I smell good too!  so good I can't seem to sleep.
2.  Today was a beautiful day outside and I noticed it!  I was inside of course but I had an hour for lunch that I turned in to 1 1/2 hours and I enjoyed being outside some of that time.
3.  I got excited about quilting today which is the first time in many moons.  I love to put fabrics together and I hope I can do some picture quilts (put quilt squares in frames).  It would be fun.
4.  Oh, I don't want to forget my great idea about LBH in the Park.  I hope this works... we would invite our consignors and other family members to make things and we'll take them with some of our items to a booth that we set up for various activities during the summer.  I think it would be soooo great and we should make some money from it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment