Saturday, August 20, 2011

I'm an oldie

Today a lady came in to the shop with a horse that she wanted me to see and probably buy.  I told her that I couldn't buy it but looked at it in the back of her truck.  It was a metal horse with wheels and if you pushed down on the foot pedals the legs go out and then it moves forward.  It was really old looking and since she had it as a child I thought that it was probably from the 40's... the woman looked over  70 at least.  Then she told me that she got the horse when she was about 1 year old which would be 1952... 1952 means she is only 60 but she looked at least 70 - a smoker, maybe that means she has aged but my gosh she was younger than me and she looked 70 or more!  Yikes that calls to my mortality.  I am OLD and I am older than someone who looked way old!  Scary!

No comments:

Post a Comment