Friday, April 29, 2011

Basket day

Today I am making baskets.  I just found out that Mother's Day is May 8th and I will be gone so I need to get a variety of baskets available in the store for people coming through and HOPEFULLY buying.  I also have 3 baskets to make for some Mother of the Year competition - of course a donation... we always get into these businesses where everyone wants us to donate...  When you are a small business it isn't that easy to do.  Hopefully it means that people will taste the treats and come in to buy a basket for someone else or buy something else in the store.

I do like making the baskets however.  It is fun to pick the theme and tie the ribbons.  I love cellophane I have to say.  It is cool to see how fun a basket can look all dressed up in ribbon and cellophane.  I keep having to change out the things in the baskets however.  The candy lasts a good long time but some of the other things like cookies just don't last all that long.

I am kind of excited... making baskets takes up my time.  Here it is 3:10 PM and that is just about all I've done today is make baskets and clean the shop.  Cool!  I am getting hungry however and Jim hasn't come back with anything to eat or to give me a break.  So I've been eating candy and that isn't good.  I had a great bag of chocolate covered toffee that was in a basket remake from Valentines.  Couldn't sell it but sure could eat it myself even if I know I shouldn't.  It was still fresh and good.  Too bad, I ate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment