Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Dunes

Today we went to the Sand Dunes in Snow Canyon with Jay and Sara and kids, John and kids, Clorinda and kids.  It was a fun afternoon and we got covered with sand - especially those children with runny noses who seemed to keep diving head first into the sand.  Many of them dug deep holes and crawled in and then covered themselves with sand... laughing all the time.  Tommy adored the sand and several times headed down the hill crawling as fast as he could.  The adults were also good participants and enjoyed digging with the children.  Mack brought a kite and flew it quite successfully when the wind came up a few times.  We came home with pink cheeks following our trip to Baskin Robbins for ice cream cones.

We had dinner at Johns with rotisserie chickens and potatoes and other goodies that Clorinda brought.  The kids hung out in the back yard on John's rope tree where they built a hammock as well.  Jim and I returned home to take a peek at the new house now that we have paid for next month's rent and have a key.  It looks very clean and should be quite good.  The carpet of course is green and could be a tough match for some of our furniture but I am going to try to make it all work.  We don't have the funds to re-carpet right now so I think we'll have to be happy with what we have.  I am excited to have a little office area.  I have found it hard to mix home with office both when we have our office in the home and when we have the home stuff on the office computers.  I am hoping this will work.  I plan to keep the home bills and church activity stuff on the computer in the house.  Hopefully I can work out of the house a couple of days a week when I am not assigned to be at the office.

Anyway, the new house looked great and I am excited to get moving.  Hopefully we will get some things over there tonight.  I would like to do the stuff that I can put in closets and cabinets... kitchen and bathroom... etc.  I think the insides of the house shouldn't take much doing... the garage is another story as always.

Well, I need to go to work again.  Not that anyone is here but I have some computer stuff to do and hopefully the internet is back up... should be since I am typing on this..

No comments:

Post a Comment