Saturday, April 23, 2011

Egg Salad and fudge...

We have been moving all morning... Jim, John, Jay, Dave and Dad and me... this is a much smaller move than in the past but it is at a bad time for the guys.  They have been working like crazy at the LBH trying to get the floors ready... the sanding went pretty well but trying now to get the glue off the cement floors has been a bear.  I don't know what time Jim got home last night but Dave said it was after 10:30 pm when he did and I am sure the same  for Jim... I know I was asleep.
Last move we also set up the LBH and so it was complicated too.  It seems like we seldom take a breather. I am glad that we will have employees over at the LBH and may be we can all take some days off without being so busy.  The thing is that it isn't so hard, it just doesn't make much money for the amount of work we do.  I didn't realize how tired I was today until I started getting the furniture in the house and could see that the colors were gross together.  I mean, what do you do with green carpet... especially when your green is olive and drab and the carpet is bright green.  So anyway, I was feeling frustrated and here comes Clorinda with turkey and egg salad sandwiches... I had to come over the the LBH to work and so I grabbed an egg salad on my way and enjoyed every bite.  I think I can take on the rest of the move.  This is going to be a trial for me... I know we don't have money for new carpet so I'll have to make due with what we have and be patient until we can change the brite green for something a little more our color.
I am sitting here typing and looking at a book Mike sent by Gary Taubes again.  It is on Why We Get Fat... just looking at the title made me want some fudge... so I ate a piece (a large piece) and it made me about as happy as the egg salad.
Who says that food isn't the great pacifier.  I think we'll go to dinner with the kids tonight to say thanks for their help... That will probably give me my second wind and I'll be able to get that house together!

No comments:

Post a Comment