Thursday, April 7, 2011

Happy Birthday Nigel

I understand Nigel woke up to a phone call this morning (on his 31st birthday) telling him he has a new job!  I am so excited and glad for him and for Laura.  I hope all goes well and that this will develop into a career...  at least if that is what he wants.
I am glad to check them off my prayer list.  Now hoping for good news for Jay and Dani - jobwise.  So many things to worry about - jobs, new homes, children, having babies, what school to go to.  It seems like it is never ending and worrying about everyone is hard work.  Heck worrying about myself is hard work. 
I didn't take my drops this morning and I can tell that I am more emotional today.  Perhaps it is the threat of snow again that has me upset or maybe just the pressure of the new store.  I am glad for it, believe me.  When I spend a day and no one comes in to the LBH that is upsetting to me.  People seem to be glad we are there but no one seems to have the time or money to visit. Hope they will start soon and that the cafe/shop combo will invite more people in. 
I am exhausted tonight and I think I will just watch a little TV or a movie.  Watched the tourist last night and enjoyed it inspite of knowing how it was going to end up! 
I am on a chocolate fast this week... but I am dying for something sweet - it's hardly worth it if it isn't chocolate. Got into the Spumoni ice cream last night and was just about to have some of that delicious chocolate when I remembered my goal - so had a little of the cherry and pistachio and that was okay but it needed the chocolate to make it really good.  I hate being on this diabetic deal... I knew it was coming but I am such a sweets person and especially more-so when I know I can't be.
Well that is about it for tonight.  Hope I remember my drops tomorrow so I can have a good day... hope Nigel had a good day inspite of getting soooo old! 

No comments:

Post a Comment