Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Low Back Pain

Several years ago when Amy was between 3 and 5 I really had a bad time with my back.  I went to Doctor Dudley weekly and was in so much pain.  I discovered that many years of luggiing babies and doing laundry were the main problems.  When we moved to Las Vegas and Amy became old enough to get places on her own and I think when some of my other routines changed a bit, my back just seemed to heal itself.  I haven't really needed to go to a chiropractor since... at least until last year and that was when my upper back gave me a few problems.

When we were in SLC for our anniversary trip I wrenched my back and ended up in Dr. Murie's office on Tuesday.  He helped me through it until this Monday when it flared up again and then Tuesday I bent over to brush my teeth and thought I was going to die.  By the afternoon I had a pain that went from my lower back to my knee and Dr. Murie wasn't available.  I took some ibuprofen and some excedrin.  I tried to walk but the pain kept getting worse...  Jim gave me a blessing last night and I was able to sleep in one position most of the night but when I got up to go to the bathroom I had to hunch over like a little old lady to make the nerve pain better unfortunately that made the lower back pain worse.  Finally I rubbed my self on the front and the pain went away in the back... go figure.  I got into Dr. Murie again and I hope that works for awhile.  I am not supposed to bend and twist... hope I get better because we have a lot of moving to do.

We went to Jack's 7th birthday party last night and to Amy's 22nd on Sunday and Monday.  Monday was at Milts with Dave and Amy and we had a good time.  Amy and I also spent her birthday just hitting a few stores and going out to lunch.  We had a nice time together.  Tonight we are going to Dani's for a girls night and watching Tangled.

Tomorrow I plan to work on JMA stuff and also on some menu and works shifts.  Hope I get it all done. I made about 7 or 8 Easter Baskets today and hope to sell them some time.  Not much business coming through right now and people seem to resent the fact that we are moving across the street when I mention it and yet the quaint little house isn't making much money as a museum.  We get a few people in everyday and then we are lucky if they spend $10... hopefully over there we can make some money too!

Well I am out of here.  Have to go home and see if my ice bag leak from this morning has dried up on my quilt.  I fell asleep and it just kept melting all over.  I am getting so old... back aches, and wettin' the bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment