Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Almost ready...

Tomorrow is our Relief Society meeting for the Stake.  I am glad that it is almost all together.  We have had some complications and somethings go a little crazy but for the most part it has come together fairly well.  last week a lady came in to the shop and got a basket from us for a multi-faith tea.  She mentioned how they would have over 100 women at this tea and it was quite an undertaking.  they do it once or twice a year and it is "so much work."  I laughed a little to myself since we as a RS board do things like this much more often than that and we do it for a lot more women with a full meal and different activities each time.  I am not bragging, I am just saying that it is interesting how we learn so many things in the church including how to organize and how to put together spiritual and other activities with confidence and ability.

I am grateful for the blessings of the gospel that have taught me so many things in my life.  I have been in "authority" positions for most of my life.  I have learned how to delegate and I know how to organize.  I am not sure about what all of my talents are but I do know that I have many abilities and talents when it comes to leading organizations and helping people to also complete assignments.

I read John's blog about serving in the Elder's Quorum presidency.  He mentioned how he was learning so much about service and was growing as he served this time in this Presidency.  He was not happy about this calling in the beginning but now he knows that he has grown and is progressing in his current situation because of his service to the Lord.  The Lord knew this is what he needs now... I feel the same way about the callings I have had.  I am so grateful for the opportunities I have had to serve as well as my faith in knowing that the Lord's hand is in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment