Tuesday, February 1, 2011

It's Freezing Out There!

It has been freezing all day and tonight when we went to Home Depot at 8:45 pm I noticed that the truck temperature read 8 degrees... that is darn cold, especially when the wind is blowing.  Yesterday, leaving John's house I ran in to Jack and Natty and Andy coming home from Jay's house.  They had been there while John was working at the LBH.  I couldn't help but noticed how forlorn Jack looked.  He looked like he was so  cold and miserable and then Andy asked if I was coming to their house.  I had to say no... I thought I was going to the church to help with FHE.  By the time I got to the church I knew I needed to go back and take care of those little cold kids... John said he needed to go shopping and I know taking the John Fontano kids shopping can be a difficult thing, so I decided to volunteer myself to watch the kids while John went to Walmart.

It was a good decision and a prompting by the spirit I believe.  Not that the kids needed me particularly but I think they needed their grandma and John needed a break.  It was a fun night.  We just read a book or two, played Mario Brothers on the Wii and put on PJ's... a typical night for them - something reminiscent of many nights I spent when I had kids at home.  A good time for me.

Tonight my RS presidency came over and we had a nice visit.  I remember the days when I have visited as a RS president and no one ever asks you about yourself they just tell you about themselves... tonight that was how it went here... I didn't really realize it until after I was seeing them out that I had just talked and talked about myself and although I had asked a few questions about them, I really didn't ask enough questions and I felt bad.  Mostly I felt bad because I used to think I could be dying and yet visiting with a bunch of women for RS none of them would ever ask or ever know.  I hope none of these three women were dying or having a bad day because I didn't ask them!  Their names were Janet Poulson who is the President, Linda Kenney (who I have known for a long time) and Amy Thorley something who looked to be about 25.  Cute girl.  so that is good and I appreciated them coming out in this freezing weather to visit with me.  It may have been freezing out there but it was warmed in here by their visit (even if I wasn't considerate enough to check on them) - perhaps next time I'll remember to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment