Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Blog Reader

I am such a faithful reader of John's blogs.  Every night he writes and every day I try to read.  The messages are always uplifting and informative to me.  It also gives me a handle on what is going on with him and his kids.  I worry about him but somehow the blog gives me comfort.

Sunday night he wrote about the painting of the Savior at Bethesda with the man who could not get to the waters in time to be the first because of his infirmity.  And so for 38 years he has had a problem that he could not fix on his own.  He says "I have not a man...:  John relates this to VT-HTing.  If I have the opportunity sometime, I would like to use this story in such a talk or lesson.  Sometimes the Lord will send a miracle (such as he did with this man at Bethesda - take up thy bed and walk) and some times we will need a man... those VT and HT should be there to provide that help.  The miracle still remains in the healing waters but those who are in need often require some assistance to find the water...

John talks about how he has always wanted to serve the Lord however he could and to be there in every instance.  I know he is sincere and successful in that.  I hope I can remember and follow his example.

Three Things:
1.  Saw the building across the street today - it could work out very well for LBH Consignment Cafe.  This sounds like a fun project and we are anxious to work on it.  Favorite sandwiches (Hot Pastrami, Crab Salad, Chicken Salad, Pulled Pork, Pulled turkey, Caspers Hotdogs, Grilled 3 cheese, and perhaps Philly Steak) served with Potato chips, and a pickle.  The plates will be mis-matched, the silverware - mismatched, the glasses mismatched etc.  We will also have mismatched table and chairs, crazy things hanging on the walls, everything for sale and the rest of the "bakery" filled with consignment furniture etc.  Things we can't fit in the LBH.  Each area done in a nice looking grouping, fake walls to make things interesting, scattered rugs... etc.
2.  Got word that the Crums are thinking to hold off on the house until they see if Twila really has an offer for them.  That was a little disappointing but on the other hand, perhaps we will be just fine here where we are.  I am not going to complain and I am going to be patient about this.  We could use just that little extra room and then house was cute but perhaps not necessary.
3.  I think Jim is finally understanding that we can close a couple of days a week at the LBH and be better off.  We are thinking maybe to be open just W-S and then get other things done of M&T.  Hoping we work that out - we'll see.

1 comment:

  1. I will not eat there if you don't offer a muffalatta. Hot Pastrami is good, philly is good, muffalatta is the key.

    Love Jay

    ReplyDelete