Friday, February 18, 2011

Dorothy Hammel lives

Years ago there was an olympic ice skater named Dorothy Hammel.  When she twirled her hair would follow perfectly and it was a wonderful look.  Everyone wanted the Dorothy Hammel haircut - well at least I did.  It was in my 30's that I had her haircut and I wore it for about 5 years.

Today, Dorothy walked into the shop.  I said I loved her haircut and knew it was a Dorothy Hammel.  She said she had that haircut for about 30 years - right.  She is about my age and I was jealous that she could still have that haircut and look so cute.  Jim came in and I told him to look at Kathy Hampton's hair.  He also knew that it was Dorothy's hair.  I had him take some pictures so that I can show them to Amy and perhaps she can cut mine like that again.

We had a nice visit with Kathy who is from San Diego county and has lived her for several years.  Her husband is a carpenter and might make some furniture or refinish some for us.  She used to have a shop like ours in California.  She gave us some good ideas about having late-night Fridays with an outdoor market... might try that in the summer.  She also said she had seen Jim and the Ash Creek guys last night at the HP Social and she works in the University Stake (for the married couples).  It was so odd to meet someone that we had so many things in common with.  I really liked her and hope to see her again.

I might also mention that we went to Hayli's shower tonight and had a fun time.  I have so enjoyed my time with the NH ladies again.  Even Doneva and I were laughing it up and Kay and Kacie Benson were there and it was fun to see them.  I realized that as I was there, I had such a good time just like I did at Laurie's shower and the reason was that I was around friends that I love and trust.  I am too old to try and meet people all over again and get comfortable with them.  Dianna, Lynn, Pam, Luanna, Carolyn, and other NH people have won my trust long ago.  I love them and I am so glad I got to spend time with them tonight.  Perhaps that is something to consider as I plan for where we will be in the future.

Three things:
1.  It was great to see another Dorothy Hammel and to know I like her right away.
2.  It was so fun to laugh and enjoy with old friends in NH
3.  when I got up this morning my blood pressure was good even without pills yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment